Wednesday, May 18, 2005

ten minutes of my life

I've been waiting thirty-five minutes for my computer at work to boot up and do all of its unnecessary network updates. Sitting here, watching the minutes tick away, I'm entertained by some little icon's animation on the screen... I don't know what the hell it's supposed to be, but it's sitting there next to the '10:38 AM' at the bottom right. '10:39 AM' now.

It's a Monday, like any other, the beginning of another week of a regular life... another ending of dreading its coming. I put my regular life on in the morning, hoping that I'll remember to shed it when I get home, hoping that I won't forget that it's just something you wear - a face you put on to hide the truth. It's not a hard life by any means - I'm just not sure that it's worth the trouble. 10:44.

Look inside. Are you forgetting to roll with the punches? Are you believing your own lie, or have you held your perspective? Duck and dodge and close my eyes, and hope that something within will begin to shine - that something without will begin to reflect the vivid shades of the possibility. Look deeper now... isn't that which shines from within just another lying face to wear? 10:48, and my life is still ticking away.