Sunday, June 26, 2005

censored

"So..." It was already an awkward silence. We were trying to continue a conversation that never really began. "So, what do you want to talk about?"
"I don't know. We may have exhausted the conversation."
"No, I'm sure there's something..."
"Shit, I know..." I'd thought of something, "I've been meaning to tell you this anyway..."
A sudden excitement appeared in her eyes, turning their corners up slightly.
"I'm not sure if you've read my blog post from a couple days ago, but..."
"No, I stopped reading it." Any sign of excitement faded as she spoke those words. "I'm scared of what you write on that thing."
"Oh..." I had lost my train of thought. "I guess it wouldn't make any sense then."
A moment passed by before she looked back at me and smiled. "So, what do you want to talk about?"
I couldn't summon an answer to her question.